Your family spends a huge majority of their time in your home, so it needs to be a clean and safe sanctuary, right? Well, while you, your children, and your pets are living and breathing in your house, you may not be aware that you could be inhaling and absorbing more toxins than you think. Here are some simple suggestions to remove toxins from your home in order to keep you and your family healthy and flourishing.
5 Steps to Remove Toxins from Your Home
1) Remove Your Shoes — this may seem overly-simplistic, but removing your shoes before entering your home can help keep a huge amount of dirt, dust, and toxins from entering your home. One of the most common toxins that your shoes can bring into the home come from walking on the roads and is known as coal-tar sealant. This is a toxic substance that shouldn’t be inhaled, but when brought into the home via your shoes can be inhaled and enter your food or water, and isn’t good for your overall health. Additionally, removing your shoes before entering the home can prevent dust, dirt, grime, grease, and other substances from embedding in your carpets.
2) Beware of Nonstick Bakeware and Cookware — while Teflon-coated or other nonstick cookware and bakeware might make your culinary needs easier, they can release toxins into your food that have been connected to certain thyroid conditions, ADHD, and even high cholesterol. It’s best to use non-coated cookware and bakeware to protect your family from any of these possible toxins.
3) Check Your Synthetic Fragrances — perfumes, perfume oils, laundry detergent, fabric softeners, and even perfumed sprays can contain carcinogens, endocrine interrupters, and even worse chemicals, so be sure to check your labels and use all-natural products.
4) Pesticides — while you may prefer having chemicals in your home to pests, you may not realize that those synthetic pesticides can contain a multitude of harmful chemicals including carcinogens and even chemicals that have been linked to brain tumors and other types of cancer. There are several all-natural options for fighting pests that include cinnamon, baking soda, vinegar, all-natural blood-based products from the hardware store, and more. These will ensure that your family isn’t exposed to chemicals when trying to remove bugs or rodents from your home.
5) Cleaning Products — many of the products you use to clean your home actually contain harmful toxins that you should try to remove from your home. This is why naturally-based cleaning products that utilize the cleaning power of vinegar, citrus fruits, and baking soda are better options.
Our All-Natural Carpet Cleaning Solution
At CitruSolution, we know how important it is to protect your family from toxins and keep from bringing more toxins into the home. This is why our carpet cleaning solution is all-natural and derived from the enzymes found in citrus fruit. Our solution is safe for pets and children and contains no dyes, toxins, perfumes, or additives. When we’re finished providing you with a professional cleaning, your carpets will be naturally clean and your home will smell like fresh oranges.
To schedule a professional carpet cleaning appointment, please contact us today by filling out our contact form or calling us at (720) 236-2920. We are proud to serve clients in the entire Denver Metro area including Arvada, Golden, Westminster, Superior, Louisville, Broomfield, and nearby.