Removing Stains From Carpet – Tips & Tricks
Carpet Cleaning Services in Denver Including Broomfield, Westminster, Louisville, Golden, Superior, and Arvada, Colorado
There is no substitute for having your carpets professionally cleaned. Our carpet cleaners recommend having your carpets cleaned by us at least once every year and twice if you have children or pets.
Even with professional carpet cleaning, there are some precautions you can take to keep your carpets clean all year round. The biggest suggestion we can offer is to vacuum, vacuum, vacuum! Vacuum the dust, dirt, and hair out of your carpets 1-2 times per week to keep them as healthy and clean as possible. Additionally, we will share some of tips and tricks for clean carpets.
To schedule our carpet cleaning services, please contact us today by filling out the form on this page or calling (720) 236-2920.
Why Choose Our Carpet Cleaners?
When you select a company to clean your carpets, you don’t just want an affordable option, but also a company that’s focused upon truly getting your home clean. At CitruSolution Carpet Cleaning, our process is low-moisture so your carpets are dry within 1-2 hours, not 1-2 days like high-moisture processes. This ensures that your carpet will not form any mold or mildew which can be harmful for your family.
Also, we use an environmentally-friendly carpet cleaning solution that offers the following benefits:
- “Green” carpet cleaning solution
- Safe for children
- Safe for pets
- Removes dirt, dust, dust mites, allergens, pollen
When you’re ready to have your carpets clean, make sure you choose a company that is the safest for your family. However, when you have minor stains or issues with your carpet, here are some tips and tricks from our carpet cleaning company.
How to Remove Coffee Stains From Your Carpet
Coffee stains can be tricky, but here are some steps to help you remove coffee stains from your carpet:
- Blot to absorb as much of the liquid as possible
- Mix one tablespoon white vinegar with one tablespoon liquid dish soap and 2 cups warm water
- Blot the solution on the stain with a clean rag
- Sponge the stain with cold water
- Blot dry
How to Get Red Wine Out of Carpet
To get red wine out of your carpet, you want to blot it immediately with a towel. Then, use a sponge to apply a mixture of water, dish soap, and white vinegar. The mixture should be made of
- Two cups warm water
- One tablespoon of dish soap
- One tablespoon white vinegar
Follow this with cold water and blot it dry. Continue this process until the stain has disappeared. Should the stain remain, our high-tech carpet cleaning services can get it out.
The best way to get mud out of your carpet is to do the following:
- Let the mud dry
- Vacuum up as much of the mud as possible
- Make a mixture of one-teaspoon dish soap and one cup warm water
- Blot the stain over and over with a clean rag until the stain dissipates
The Best Way to Get Grass Stains Out of Carpet
When your little ones accidentally leave grass stains all over your carpets, you may not know what steps to take. The best way to get your carpets cleaned is the call our professional carpet cleaners, but here are the steps to try to clean grass stains yourself:
- Make a mixture of a quarter teaspoon of mild laundry detergent and 1 cup of cold water
- Blot the stain with a clean towel, working from the outside of the stain to its interior
- Blot until the stain isn’t visible
How to Get Blood Stains Out of Carpet
Blood stains can be tricky because the biological components in blood that make it react with substances differently than many other stains. Here are some tips on how to clean blood stains from the carpet:
- Work quickly!
- If the stain is fresh, use cold water
- Use hot water to reactivate an old stain
- Mix one teaspoon of dish-washing detergent with 2 cups water
- Blot the stain with a clean cloth
The Best Way to Get Candle Wax Out of Your Carpets
When a hot candle is accidentally spilled onto the carpet, you may be thinking that there’s no chance you’ll get that wax out. While calling our expert carpet cleaners is the most-likely way to remove the wax and clean the stain, here is a home remedy that you can try:
- Get an iron hot
- Get some newspaper
- Place the newspaper on top of the wax
- Hold the iron over the newspaper carefully. Do not let it touch the newspaper; but hover over the top to heat the wax that is underneath the newspaper
- Remove the newspaper once it has absorbed some of the wax
- Lay down clean newspaper and repeat the process until all of the wax is gone
How to Get Old Stains Out of Carpet
Sometimes there are old stains that you can’t seem to get out of your carpet. Then, you’ll think they’re gone and they will return. Our carpet cleaning team knows that this often happens because a carpet and the pad below have absorbed a large amount of soap from other carpet cleaning companies or steam vacuuming. The pad holds the soap and stain down deep and slowly the stain crawls back up the carpet fibers, a process known as wicking.
At CitruSolution Carpet Cleaning, we treat this with a defoamer that will eliminate the excess soap and allow our low-moisture carpet cleaning process to clean what others left behind.
Contact Our Carpet Cleaners Today
To schedule our carpet cleaning services, contact a company that is good for your family, your home, and the environment. We will leave your home clean, smelling beautifully, and healthy. Additionally, we always leave behind a free bottle of our cleaning solution to treat those day-to-day carpet stains that are inevitable. Whenever you run out of your solution, we will refill it for free.
Schedule an exactimate today by filling out the form on this page or calling us at (720) 236-2920. Our quotes never have any add-ons or surprise fees, so they are always exact. We are proud to serve customers in Golden, Arvada, Broomfield, Westminster, and the rest of the Denver Metro area.
Please ask us about our referral program too!